SASPID - Overview
The Southern African Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases
INDVAC 2015 have reserved 4 fully funded seats for participants from Africa. The scholarship covers travel, registration and accommodation. Click here to download the flyer on information about the course and the INDVAC website.
- The AfPIDS BULLETIN Vol.5 Issue 1 - January 2018
- The AfPIDS BULLETIN Vol.4 Issue 2 - December 2016
- The AfPIDS BULLETIN Vol.4 Issue 1 - April 2016
- The AfPIDS BULLETIN Vol.3 Issue 2 - September 2015
- The AfPIDS BULLETIN Vol.3 Issue 1 - January 2015
- The AfPIDS BULLETIN Vol.1 Issue 2 - May 2014
- The AfPIDS BULLETIN Vol.1 Issue 1 - April 2013
The Southern African Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases was established at the biennial conference of the South African Paediatric Association on 31st May 2008 at Sun City. A constitution was discussed and adopted after insightful contributions from colleagues. The Society is affiliated to FIDSSA (Federation of Southern African infectious Diseases Societies).
The aims of the Society are:
- To advance the understanding of paediatric infectious diseases.
- To promote the exchange of information relating to all aspects of paediatric infectious diseases
- To foster greater collaboration between the clinical and laboratory based
- Disciplines. These include Adult Infectious diseases, Medical Virology and Medical microbiology and Infection Control
- To promote the development and exchange of knowledge, information and ideas in support of the prevention and control of hospital and community associated paediatric infections
- To advise with regard to the training and maintenance of standards within the disciplines.
- To forge links with societies representing similar interests throughout the world.
- To promote a family-based approach to infectious diseases in the community
- to further the Society proposes to affiliate with the World Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases.